Initial Disclosure Document
Information about our Insurance Services.
Chariots Specialist Cars
1. Whose products do we offer?
We are an insurance intermediary and we only offer BMW branded products as follows:
- Shortfall Insurance, Tyre Damage Insurance and Cosmetic Repair Insurance from Helvetia Swiss Insurance Company in Liechtenstein Ltd managed and administered by GardX Assure Limited.
- BMW Flex Car Insurance from Highway Insurance Company Limited. Including the option of Motor Legal Expenses Insurance from AmTrust Europe Limited managed and administered by Wrisk Transfer Limited.
- Insured Warranty, Roadside Assistance and Roadside Assistance Essential by AWP P&C SA.
These companies are not part of the same group as us. We can only offer BMW Flex Car Insurance from Highway Insurance Limited.
Any premium paid to us in respect of Shortfall Insurance, Contract Hire Shortfall Insurance, Tyre Damage Insurance and Cosmetic Repair Insurance will be held as an agent of the insurer: GardX Assure Limited.
Premiums for BMW Flex Car Insurance are paid to Wrisk Transfer Limited and are held as agent for the insurers.
2. The service we will provide you with.
- We will advise and make a recommendation for you after we have assessed your needs for Shortfall Insurance, Contract Hire Shortfall Insurance, Tyre Damage Insurance, and Cosmetic Repair Insurance.
- Further details on Shortfall Insurance, Tyre Damage Insurance and Cosmetic Repair Insurance can be obtained from bmw.co.uk/insurance or by calling the BMW Protect Services Team on 020 3325 7264.
- For BMW Flex Car Insurance, Motor Legal Expenses Insurance, Insured Warranty, Roadside Assistance and Roadside Assistance Essential we can only provide you with an introduction and just give information.
We act for and on behalf of the insurers.
3. What will you have to pay for our services?
The insurers pay us commission for selling insurance policies which is included in the insurance premium. Our staff may receive a proportion of this in connection with the sale of insurance, and this may include a bonus for meeting sales targets.
An administration fee of £15 will be payable for cancellation of a Shortfall Insurance, Contract Hire Shortfall Insurance, Tyre Damage Insurance and Cosmetic Repair Insurance policy after 30 days from receiving your documents.
You will receive documentation which will tell you about any other fees relating to any particular insurance policy you take out.
4. Who regulates us?
Chariots Specialist Cars is an Appointed Representative of BMW Financial Services (GB) Limited, Summit ONE, Summit Avenue, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 OFB which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. BMW Financial Services (GB) Limited’s Financial Services Register Number is 312578.
BMW Financial Services (GB) Limited’s permitted business is advising on and arranging general insurance contracts.
You can check this on the FCA’s Register by visiting the FCA’s website www.fca.org.uk or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.
5. What to do if you have a complaint.
If you wish to register a complaint relating to Shortfall Insurance, Tyre Damage Insurance or Cosmetic Repair Insurance, please contact us in writing at BMW Quality and Compliance Manager, GardX Assure Limited, Unit 7 Clovelly Business Park, Clovelly Road, Southbourne, Emsworth, PO10 8PE or by telephone on 020 3325 7264 or by email email@example.com
If you wish to register a complaint relating to BMW Flex Car Insurance or Motor Legal Expenses, please contact us in writing at BMW Flex Car Insurance, Suite 205 CEME, Marsh Way, Rainham, Essex, RM14 8EU or by telephone on 0330 058 4099 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to register a complaint relating to Insured Warranty, Roadside Assistance and Roadside Assistance Essential please contact us in writing at Customer Service, BMW Insured Warranty Services or Insured Emergency Service, 102 George Street, Croydon, CR9 6HD, by email to email@example.com, or by telephone on 020 8603 9853.
If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service (www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk).
6. Are we covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)?
We are covered by the FSCS. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. Insurance advising and arranging is covered for a maximum of 90% of the claim with no upper limit. Further information about compensation scheme arrangements is available from the FSCS.